This is a wonderful and super cool blog post idea. This would be particularly beneficial for genre bloggers who passionately blog about a niche topic, like; mental health, parenthood, employment, etc… We are passionate people, but sometimes we lose our unique identities in the process. Me, for instance: I blog passionately about mental health. Writing about mental illness has become a unique part of my fabric as a blogger. However, I need to remember that it’s alright to leave my mental illness out sometimes, and write about things that represent and appreciate my other unique qualities. I’m not just “Elizabeth with Bipolar Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder”, I’m so much more than that…
So, when Joan tagged me in the “10 Unusual Things About Me Challenge” I was pretty excited, needless to say. It’ll be nice to step outside the box. Before I get started, I want to properly thank Joan for the tag. Joan’s blog, My best friend Adeline, is remarkable. It is a place where readers can find comfort and reassurance during times when they need it most. Joan named her blog “My best friend Adeline” because she wants readers to think of her blog as a best friend you can turn to, any time.
10 Unusual Things About Me
What classifies something as “unusual”? I’m not really sure. “Unusual” probably means something different to everyone. Therefore, I’m listing 10 things that I assume would be “unusual behaviors and preferences”:
- I absolutely love motion picture soundtracks. I have many motion picture soundtracks on my phone, and I actually prefer them over customary albums. Ben Wyatt, from Parks and Recreation, said it best; “I kind of look at it like it’s your favorite directors making a mixtape just for you.”
- I buy multiple copies of books I that like, especially if the cover art is different.
- If I see a film in theaters, and I really like it, I will rewatch it several times while it is still in theaters. Especially Superhero films. I actually lost count of how many times I saw Deadpool 2 in theaters.
- I don’t like ceiling fans. I don’t like the weird shadows that they cast on the walls. I don’t like the downward trajectory of airflow that they create. I just don’t like them. They make me stir crazy, and really uncomfortable.
- When I cook Chicken Marsala I don’t use Marsala Wine, I use Pinot Grigio. I think the taste of Pinot Grigio is subtler compared to Marsala. I do the same with Pork Marsala, and other wine based dishes. This may seem like an odd substitution, but I love she slight difference it makes.
- I’m not musically inclined in the slightest, and I didn’t have exposure to musical theatre during my youth. Yet, I’m hopelessly devoted to musical theatre. I discovered the theatre a few years ago, and I love it like a long-lost friend that I never knew I had.
- I really like the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern film.
- I love wall calendars. I really enjoy the routine of flipping to a new photo each month. I have two in my home office; Hamilton and Star Trek. Although, I use the calendar on my phone for scheduling. The wall calendars are purely aesthetic.
- I name my pets after Superheroes. Daisy America: Captain America. Flash Justice: The Flash, a member of the Justice League. Charlie Wonder: Wonder Woman.
- I eat a peanut butter sandwich everyday.
My Tags for the “10 Unusual Things About Me Challenge”:
List 10 unusual things about yourself, and tag 10 people to carry on the challenge. Enjoy!
Ruth: Ruth in Revolt.
Tiffany: Love Always, Tiffany.
Sarah: Insecure Housewife.
Ross: Man Vs Adulthood.
Lynne: Awesomism Mom.
Anja: The Calculating Mind.
Fiona: Like as the Waves.
Aubrey: Aubrey Good.
Jen: The Frozen Mind.
Embrace what makes you unusual. Being unusual, uncustomary, or strange is cool. I use this quote a lot, but it always seems to fit: “Don’t waste any time trying to be like anybody but yourself, because the things that make you strange are the things that make you powerful.” – Tony Winner, Ben Platt
I would be remiss if I didn’t plug my own blog and social networks. You can connect with me on my social networks; Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also follow and subscribe to my Blog. I would really appreciate it.
Sincerely, Uncustomary Housewife